Friday, July 20, 2007

Under the sun of Piemonte


Well, there I go - 3 months in Italy already. I don't know whether I've shared this but I never really felt the cultural shock. First option is I have been so well prepared for it that it never really happened or....something else- here in Italy there are so many of the good things in Bulgaria and so few of the bad ones so it's not so hard to get used to it. Don't get me wrong - Italy is quite far from perfect - in my opinion this country is so much about tourism that many Italians think they are on vacation for life :) But still - the Dolce Vita is a fact. Another thing is that I really like the region I live in - Piemonte is a mix of Italian, French and Swiss culture and it has a unique cuisine and charm.

The last two weeks it's been so hot that I almost want to jump out in the window - even in the office where the air-conditioning is working it's very hot. I try to study Italian and do sports in the evening but it's not so easy when your brain is boiled.

As my plans go I will spend August here working (alone :( but somebody's got to support the European team) and will come back to Bulgaria for the whole month of September. So YES, start preparing people- I AM COMING!!! Everybody here tells me that I have started to act and look like an Italian - I hope it's a compliment - but let's see what happens when I come back home.

No comments: