Saturday, June 2, 2007

Raining in Italy

This weekend seems to raining again which probably means that my 2 days-off are going to be screwed again (for it rained the previous weekend too). This whole thing brought up the environemental issue which seems to be a big media hit for the last year. I have always been a concerned environmentalist (though not a fanatic) and at least I am happy to see when something is being done. It seems that the European Union is the only world power concerned with global warming right now. I don't want to turn my blog into a pro-EU propaganda machine (lots of things about the EU I don't like) but point is someone should really try to kick the ass of USA, China and India (which seem to be the biggest pollutors today). This planet is in big trouble and at least fucked up weekends can wake up the civil sosiety and make change happen.
What is left for me is to use less electricty, to print less paper in the office and keep hoping that I can spend my weekend at least reading in the park near the Olympic stadium in Torino( see picture below).

P.S. Go Angela, go! Don't let that asshole surprise you from behind!

No comments: