Friday, March 28, 2008

Martha Argerich in Torino

Sometimes I can't really believe my luck...Most of you know about my (who said unhealthy) relationship with classical music and especially the music for piano. With sweet tenderness I recall the day when I got myself a Beethoven cassette for a tape recorder when I was 7 years old or when my mom took me to watch the Amadeus movie and I stood in the cinema saloon with a mouth wide open in dismay.
I know most of you don't give a shit a about it and think this music is dead and annoying but I find it profoundly deep and powerful. In the recent years I have developed a fondness for an Argentine pianist called Martha Argerich who I consider to be one of the most influential pianist of our time and a powerful music communicator. And last night in the RAI Auditorium here in Torino, there she was giving an outstanding performance on Prokofiev's 3rd piano concert. Prokofiev is a Russian composer (actually quite a modern one) who some describe as an enfant terrible (terrible child) and others have no issues calling him a sick fuck. A hell of a genius of you ask me, direct, sometimes brutal, with a hellish sense of humour and sarcasm. The thing about his 3rd piano concert it is incredibly difficult from the technical point of view and smashingly impressive as a musical impact.

So there was Martha, a woman of almost 70 years with grey hair and an ageing outlook. The moment her hands touched the keyboard of the piano she transformed into a powerful natural force and I could hardly believe what she was doing and if it physically and musically possible. By the end of the performance I had chills up and down my spine (as well as body parts of which existence I wasn't fully aware of) and I clapped and applauded her till exhaustion.

A BIG THANK YOU to my friends Laura and Lorenzo who shared this unique experience with me. Though they were not devoted admirers of classical music they were staggered by the perform ace. If you have managed to come to the end of this post, I can't offer you any financial reward but you can see an example of Martha Argerich strenght when playing HERE, HERE and HERE

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for that meticulous model. The prices due to the fact that the velcros are about 180 pounds on every site. But finally I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I in reality love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking for the sake of that singular model. The prices as regards the velcros are around 220 pounds on every page. But completely I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good day fellas. I'm really into shoes and I had been searching for that particular brand. The prices as regards the boots were around 340 dollars everwhere. But definitively I set this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order them. what is your opinion?